Is there a PDF app that can ...

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by miguelfp1, Jan 12, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm a college student looking for a PDF reader that can copy a selection from a file (scanned Image saved as PDF) and paste into a new page for annotations. I've tried GoodReader and iAnnotate, also use Notability.

Ideally, I'd like to use the PDF files from my different classes or a book, copy a selection of an exercise and solve it in a new blank page. I've struck out looking for this functionality on an app, maybe there's no app currently that could do this.

2. macrumors 6502a

Nov 16, 2011
    Would you consider doing a screen capture of the desired portion of pdf, then import it into your notes app? There are notes apps that allow importing pics -- not sure if Notability is one.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2013
    It sounds like what I'm trying to accomplish, If I could just figure a way how to do that, I think it would work, and probably be a lot simpler to do.

4. macrumors 68020

Jun 27, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Well the screenshot is Home+power button clicked at the same time.

I just tried with Notability. It will import photos (it will even take photos) and allows you to resize them.

You could skip the scanned part if you wanted to; just take a pic of the desired portion, solve for x, and rock on.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 12, 2013
    I'll try that tomorrow in class, thanks again!