Is there a program like this?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by farqueue, Sep 20, 2006.

1. farqueue macrumors 6502

farqueue

Ok, i have got a macbook hooked up to a 24 inch LCD and i have a wonderful wallpaper on it which i dont want any folders to clutter it up.

I Have my applications dock on the left side of my screen

So....
    Is there a program which allows me to have a second dock at the bottom of my screen so that i can open folders easily from there without having to switch to the desktop? and thus cluttering my beaustiful playboy? :D

thank you

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

There are but Im not sure what they are called. Someone else will help you with that im sure.

Im just curious as to how you actually work? I have no icons on my desktop AT ALL ) i too have pretty ladies on my desktop (Maria Sharapova and Mandy Moore :D ) but I only use one dock and keep all my documents in the documents folder. No clutter at all! :)

EDIT: You can also add folders to the dock. Place them left of the trash can but right of the dock divider.

3. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

4. farqueue thread starter macrumors 6502

farqueue

But i would like faster access to the folders instead of having folders in folders. hehe nice ladies

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

how about just using spotlight searching?

6. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

When I get home I will post some. To try and help the OP some more! :D

Apple + N (or click finder icon) opens finder (set to documents) theres your folders. Just arrange them how you would have them on your desktop its no different except they are in the documents folder instead of the desktop.

Thats how i do it anyway. But im a neat freak. I dont like it when my ipod appears on the desktop either :confused: Suppose thats what I get for being a designer. EVERYTHING has to look right! :rolleyes:

7. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo