Is There A Shortage Of DS Lites?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SamIchi, Jan 6, 2007.

1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    I've been wanting to get one since the end of November. What's Nintendo doing?
  2. gloss macrumors 601

May 9, 2006
  3. SamIchi thread starter macrumors 68030

Aug 1, 2004
    They could be selling Ba-zillions if they ship some more.
  4. applekid macrumors 68020

Jul 3, 2003
    Where are you located?

Target, EB Games, and Gamestop definitely almost always have them in stock in my neighborhood. Target is a very good place to check because I think Nintendo favors them. They literally get stacks and stacks of Nintendo games and accessories at our local Target.

They weren't hard to find after launch (or at least for my sister when she got it for my birthday).
  5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2006
    We haven't been able to get any from our suppliers from about three weeks before Christmas and we're still waiting for them.

It was a case of 'Thank goodness' for the availability of PSP and Xbox 360 for us this Christmas (unlike last Christmas, when it was the exact opposite ;) )

(Edit: In the UK)
  6. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Aye, my uncle and cousins got their DS Lites just in time. Nintendo just can't keep up with demand on the buggers.

If only I had a friggin decent WiFi reception... I'd be on that thing all day :(
  7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2004
    In a cup of orange juice.
    The manufactured a Ba-zillion, they all sold out. ;)

DS Lites were the biggest seller, everyone and their shoes wanted one.

8. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
    “Nintendo DS Lite is the best-selling video game system in the world right now. It has an amazing library of great games for people of all ages, which only adds to its popularity. Nintendo DS Lite proved to be a huge hit for holiday shoppers, which undoubtedly resulted in some spot shortages in various regions. As with all our products, we’re working to keep the supply chain filled to meet consumer demand, and the DS Lite should be more readily available over the next couple of weeks. We expect the popularity of DS Lite to continue well into 2007 and beyond.” - Nintendo of America