Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillip

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 16, 2013
As title, thanks.
[doublepost=1473756787][/doublepost]I realise the activity app shows steps but I wasn't a dedicated app with a complication. Thanks

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
I don't understand why Apple relegate step counting to the bottom of the screen in favour of their active calories calculation. Counting steps is an easier target for most people to get their head around than active calories.

An out of the box steps complication at the very least is needed.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Why not use the Activity app on the Watch? There you can see your daily steps.

Also, the Watch counts the steps without you having to carry the phone with you at all time. When they are within range, they automatically sync.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Why not use the Activity app on the Watch? There you can see your daily steps.

Also, the Watch counts the steps without you having to carry the phone with you at all time. When they are within range, they automatically sync.

Because it takes to many "steps" to get to relevant screen. At the very least there should be a complication just for steps. Instead we get exercise, stand and move none of which I'm interested in.

Reactions: Bad.Hat.Harry

ohio.emt

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Ohio
I know the UA Record app can use the phone, watch or both. You can also set it to which one you want it to take priority over the others. It has a complication, the larger one shows steps, exercise, and sleep.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
Because it takes to many "steps" to get to relevant screen. At the very least there should be a complication just for steps. Instead we get exercise, stand and move none of which I'm interested in.

I just found out Pedometer++ has a complication for showing steps. Will this do?

redrog

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
I just found out Pedometer++ has a complication for showing steps. Will this do?

Yes, this kind of works. The steps aren't exactly the same as shown in the activity app - I think it is combining watch steps somehow with phone steps activity, but it's a decent approximation and maybe more accurate, who can tell. Thanks.

Eitel

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012

Too many steps? I just click on the activity icon and scroll all the way down. There's a step count there.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
Too many steps? I just click on the activity icon and scroll all the way down. There's a step count there.

you have to click on the app and go into it to see the steps, there is no complication just to see only steps. Pedometer++ has this as a complication so now if at anytime i want to see my current steps i just flick my wrist. No need to even tap. Simples!

Reactions: ccrgt

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
bright_aaeeca76d24d6443c98bf3ce5313106a-m.jpg

Does anyone know what complication is that on the left that shows what seems like steps?

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Is it just me or is Pedometer++ over-counting my steps? It's consistently 1-1.5k higher than my Activity or Health app numbers.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
Is it just me or is Pedometer++ over-counting my steps? It's consistently 1-1.5k higher than my Activity or Health app numbers.

Pedometer++ seems to match the Health app numbers pretty closely for me. My issue is that a few days ago P++ uninstalled itself from my watch and I can't get it to reinstall now.

LouisLoh

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2010
Can I trouble you to post your iPhone's Health and Pedometer++ apps' settings?

jcmoney10

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2009
[doublepost=1473756787][/doublepost]I realise the activity app shows steps but I wasn't a dedicated app with a complication. Thanks

When I first got my Apple Watch, I spent weeks searching for an app that accurately counted my steps to what the watch itself counted. I tried a bunch of different apps, but the best option I found was an app called HealthDash. This app both has a complication and accurately counts steps according to what is on your apple watch (The fitness section that others have pointed out). It doesn't count in real time like a Fitbit, but with the new update it updates a lot quicker than before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.