Is there a true RDP client for iOS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kot, Dec 26, 2012.

1. kot, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012

kot
    macrumors regular

I've been looking for an RDP client for my iPhone 5 but with little luck.
    Most things people around here recommend is Splashtop, Teamviewer or others all of which require you to install something on the host you want to connect to.

Is there a real RDP client for iOS which uses RDP protocol and doesn't require me to have anything running on the host apart from Windows itself?

In short, I need something like mstsc on Windows, but I need it on iOS. Is there any?

2. macrumors newbie

I use logmein which is pretty good

3. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

which requires software to be installed on the host machine, which is what the OP is asking to NOT have to do.

4. macrumors member

Pocketcloud Remote dekstop. It works quite well even without the app they recommend to install on the target machine. The app even features a VNC viewer.

5. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

6. macrumors member

j0nblayz

i tried all the RDP/Remote Access clients, and so far the 3 best are:

iTeleport (used to be jaadurdp) - this one is probably the cleanest and the best rdp client there is

PocketCloud Remote Desktop Pro (there is a free one) - same quality as iTeleport, however i like this one because it incorporates 3 finger press for keyboard which is nice.

logmein - is my preferred solution for supporting my families/friends mac's/pc's. Quick and simple, down side is that you have to install a service on the source computer, but its a very simple process.

7. macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

8. macrumors 68040

I know you don't want anything installed on the computer, but I truly find Logmein to be the best of all. I use ignition which is the professional version and it allows me to do many things I'm unable to do so in others apps like teamviewer, etc. An example would be cloud bank connections and multiple connections in one session for easy file sharing.

9. macrumors newbie

iTeleport is a decent rdp client.

10. macrumors 601

+1 for pocket cloud.

11. macrumors 6502a

I use WinAdmin. No server-side software, true RDP client.

12. macrumors 68040

dontwalkhand

I use Win Admin as well here, true RDP

13. macrumors newbie

Pardon me for breathing! How about you offer a solution instead of bitching about other people's advice????

14. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

the only RDP software i use and am familiar with is Team Viewer, which just as yours, requires it to be installed on the host machine. the solution you gave was incorrect as it wasnt what he was looking for, which is why i didnt advise him to use Team Viewer either. i was simply telling you that, i was not trying to be snide about it. i wouldnt have to comment on your incorrect "advice" if you would have read his initial question thoroughly.