Is there a Typo on the ibook users manual?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by WillMak, Aug 7, 2005.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty sure there's a typo on the ibook users manual otherwise I'm replacing the battery wrong. The book shows and says you should put the battery on it's left side then gently push it down on the right side until clicks into place. The picture ends up showing the battery lock in locked position as well. This doesn't seem like the way to put the battery in place. The only way to put the battery in place is to put the ibook in unlock position then push the batterty into the ibook and holding it down while changing the lock into lock position. You can not put the battery on it's left side and have it click into place while the ibook is still in "locked" position for the battery :eek:

2. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

I just noticed the same thing. I was wondering if mine was defective for not being able to just snap back in, but it sounds like this is normal. The PowerBook's battery snaps into place like the manual describes...but I'm not sure what to conclude.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

If they got an entire paragraph in the manual wrong, that is one hell of a typo!

4. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh good. Is your battery a perfect molded fit into the slot? Mine sticks out a slightly bit around the area where the screen latch is.

5. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Damn, I just came back from the apple store and all their ibook batteries are like perfectly fitted into their slots. I am putting my battery in the wrong way somehow.

6. chucknorris macrumors 6502a

chucknorris

Mine does stick out slightly. I guess we're both doing something wrong then.

7. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

When I had my G3 ibook the battery stuck out a little in the front and on the side as well. It is just the way Apple makes some of the units I guess.

8. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

TDM21

I'm sure with enough force placed on the battery you could make the lock turn enough to seat the battery, but I always turn the lock.

The manuals for all three PowerBooks say the same thing.

I've got an even bigger typo. If you read the 15" PB manual online (http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/PowerBookG4_15inch1.67-1.5GHzUserGuide.pdf), they have placed page 107 as page 2.

Here is the iBook typo:

Attached Files: