is there a way to change the iweb address?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by erikpmort, Jan 21, 2007.

1. erikpmort macrumors regular

erikpmort

is there a way for me to change the web address on my iweb page so i can make it something people can remember?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I use iWeb a lot, but I'm not sure what you are asking... iWeb creates an index.html page, so it really depends on your domain name which doesn't have anything to do with iWeb.

3. zane macrumors 6502

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

You can buy a domain name at a place like GoDaddy and have it redirect to your iWeb page, like:

http://www.jasonrico.com

is the same thing as

http://web.mac.com/jason.rico

5. erikpmort thread starter macrumors regular

erikpmort

domain name

yeah thats what its called the domain name.... how much is it to get the redirecting thing? is godaddy the best place to do it?

thanks!

6. aristobrat macrumors G4

GoDaddy calls the redirecting thing "Forwarding", and it's included in the price of registering a domain name with them.

Well, it is on my domains that I registered with them 2 years ago. I assume it's still the same.

I've had no problems with GoDaddy. I find their web site a little obnoxious, but it's pretty easy to use to make changes to your domain name and stuff after registering. :)

7. Claudia macrumors member

I was wondering how one changes their start site? You see, so far I have one site and its under one .mac account, I have decided to create a .mac alias name and it is with this new alias that i would like to have my new site draw from. I read on iWeb that if I want to have a new start site I should drag my new site to the old site with the name of the start site I wish to have. The problem: I only have one site and that site is the start site so how do i make a second site that will be a new start site? Does any of this make any sense? If it does, I owe you a cookie or three :)

8. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie