Is there a way to fix JAVA in Safari on Intelmac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tivoboy, Feb 6, 2006.

1. tivoboy macrumors 68030

So, I simply cannot get the JAVA to work right on my intelmac version of Safari. Issue is, some web sites, trading sites, the information just does not display.

Is the 1.5 upgrade going to help?

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Java or Javascript? They are unrelated and most people say one, when they mean another.

Example site that "doesn't work" would help people help you.

3. mrichmon macrumors 6502a

Yes. The most recent developer preview release of Java 1.5 is the first to support the intel Macs.

4. tivoboy thread starter macrumors 68030

well, not sure

Well, not sure if it is java or javascript.

for example, I use ameritrade for trading. The streamer software which loads java on the pc, the windows that pop up don't show ANY information. So, the real time data screens are white blank. Doesn't really help

I haven't tried loading the 1.5 yet, do you think that might help? Hate to always load software just for softwares sake

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Could be java.

Not too worry about installing 1.5, since they both can co-exist peacefully as you get to select which JRE should be used in the Java preference panel.

6. gsweet1977 macrumors newbie

Java preferences and updates

Running OSX 10.5.4 on Mac Pro....can't find the preferences panel for Java and can't find any way to update Java software....having same problems as listed here...blank java screens and screens with the dreaded red "X" in upper left hand corner...

7. dwandelt macrumors newbie

Java Preferences

FYI, the preferences for Java aren't set from the System Preferences. You can find the Java Preferences utility in the Utilities folder.

8. crusifix macrumors newbie

red x how do i fix it

ok i have played runescape to see if something is wrong with my java, and it works then i try a private runescape server which uses the same jave thing i guess:( but only the red x appears with a blank screen i went to the prefernce but nothing happens