Is there a way to fool my ip to show me somewhere else?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Ved, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ved
    macrumors newbie

Hi! I live outside the states, and I'm a big fan of this tv show (you should check it out) and the new season is just opening, thing is, it will take almost a year for it to be aired here. There at USA network they have all the chapters for free BUT you have to live IN the states to get to watch them.
    Now obviously they detect your IP and therefore they decide if you can see it or not.
    So what can I do? is there a way to fake my ip and show me in the states? or could I mirror that page somewhere else??

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/burnnotice/video/fullep/index.html?id=274020

2. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Yes, you can use a US based proxy server. But we'd not discuss things like that here for these sorts of purposes...

3. macrumors 68020

northy124

4. macrumors 603

swiftaw

No, it's not.

5. Ved
    thread starter macrumors newbie

Well uhm and I have no idea what those are, but thanks anyways!. And I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put the question, but it seemed like the best fit.

6. Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I meant the whole forums. I'd say the rules prevent discussion of ways to circumvent region based protection. If I were you I'd do a Google search for "US Proxy Server"...

7. Ved

Kinda agree... what do I need a hotspot shield to watch a tv show again?

8. macrumors 68020

northy124

And why may I ask it works fine for me.

9. Ved

You are smart...

I'm sorry about that. It's just... this is the only forum I trust. People here kicks ass

10. macrumors 6502

11. macrumors 68020

northy124

It is a VPN (I think that is right, Anyway site tells you more) that gives a US proxy (For me at least) use it and it should work if not then not my problem as it works fine for me and I'm to tired to explain how to use it also it looks like you never heard of it and you just slam the suggestion before trying it.

12. Ved

Well I actually read the whole description, but looks a lot more like it covers you and hides you from people than giving you a us ip, however, i am a dumbass as far as networking go, so you might be right and i just have no idea.

13. macrumors 603

swiftaw

I guess the point I and the OP is trying to make is that the purpose of Hotspot Shield is not to give you a US Proxy (which is what the OP wants). Now, it may be that it does actually do that by some quirk (their VPN servers maybe in the US). However, when you just link to it, and we read what it does it's not hard to reach the conclusion that it is not what he's looking for.

Apologies if it does in fact solve his problem, but it's hard to see that it would just from reading what it is supposed to be used for.

14. Ved

Ok my bad here. I am, as I just said a total newbie on networks. I know photoshop! and uhm guitar... that counts?
    But I am starting to see your point. Thanks for your help!. See? I'm not stupid, just ignorant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.