Is there a way to force a folder to open with a specific view option?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Fgozalo, Jun 4, 2009.

1. macrumors member

Feb 1, 2008
    Brasília, Brazil
    Hello there,

I'm currently running the latest version of Leopard, all up to date. Recently, I started to collect some old footage (videos) in my Movie folder, I even added some silly covers to them like Joe's birthday - 2009 etc., The thing is that even with the ICON set to 128x128 I still think it's a bit small, so whenever in this folder I like to use the CoverFlow view and all it's glory.

Now, here comes the tricky part, is there a way to force this folder to ALWAYS open in the CoverFlow view? I just want this particular folder to do this, the rest should open normally in the default view with their 48x48 icons.

Can anyone help or provide some info on how to achieve this, is it even possible?

Thank you in advance.
  2. macrumors member

Apr 19, 2009
    Yup. Open up the folder and be sure you're active in this folder (don't have any other finder windows open and be sure u didn't select ur desktop). Select cover flow view (so that you see your files in cover flow). Go to View -> Show View Options, and there's a little tick box for always opening this specific folder in cover flow.

Cheers! =D