Is there a way to listen to NFL games?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kwyn, Sep 18, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Jan 9, 2009
    Can you listen to NFL games on the iphone without DirecTV?

I have Sirius subscription, but I think that even though stations have the games, they are not on the internet? Is that right?
  2. macrumors regular

Jun 21, 2009
    I am not sure about the NFL, but I have listened to College football games via the WunderRadio App. I just find a station that broadcasts the college's games and then listen to it.
  3. macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2009
    I've been trying to figure this out too because i'm going on vacation next week and will be missing a game or 2.

But so far i've found nothing,

1.) Local sports stations(on aol radio,flycast,iheart) that broadcast games won't stream games online. I don't know why?:confused:

2.) I have XM w/ best of Sirius and they don't have the NFL play-by-play channels on the internet/iphone. They do have the NFL channel that jumps from game to game and give you live updates.

What I decided to do is get ESPN alerts. So it'll alert me when someone scores a TD or something. I really wanted to be able to listen to the game while on vacation but can't find anything. Does anyone know of anything out there?
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 15, 2009
    Purchase pocket tunes from the app store. Then go to from the pocket tunes web app. You can listen to all the games.
  5. macrumors 68000

Nov 13, 2007
    US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
    NFL would be great if they had an app like MLB does. I've listened to so many Indians games here in FL since I don't get them on TV. Ya, even though they suck.
  6. macrumors 603

Jun 28, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    It's against their broadcast agreement with the NFL and the teams. They cannot stream their radio broadcasts of games online. Some do, however...but they're doing so against the agreement.
  7. macrumors newbie

Oct 25, 2009
    Pocket tunes

I purchased poct tunes for my iPhone 3G...went to and founfd the NFL games for this week...clicked on The Patriots...then it told me I needed the latest version of Adobe flash player and that Apple wouldn't allow that download...any suggestions hoe to get past this...Thanks
  8. macrumors 6502

Jun 3, 2007
    They do, but it's exclusive to Sprint. I'm not sure how long the exclusivity is for though.