is there a way to save configurations in the energy saver panel?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmufellow, Oct 16, 2005.

1. jmufellow macrumors regular

Because, with my ibook I would like to save certain configurations for when I'm plugged in, running on battery, etc. Sort of like when you can have different configs. with a printer. anyone know?

2. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I don't know if I understand you question right but as soon as you do any changes to the Energy Saver pane OSX will save it automatically. Just set it up the way you want it for battery and power adaptor. OSX will remember your settings to prevent further changes you can click on the little padlock on the bottom left corner and lock your settings. Give that a shot and let us know if that worked out for you.

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Someone been using Windows lately? ;) I don't know that OS X has anything similar, I think you will have to continually change them as you change power sources.

I got to imagine there is some 3rd party app out there for this...

4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

As far as I know, there is no way to do what you're doing directly within Energy Saver, but you could certainly write some AppleScripts that would automatically change the settings when your run them. Just make an AppleScript for each configuration, and when run the one that corresponds to your desired settings. I've got a couple scripts that do the same thing for mouse settings because I frequently switch mice and like to have different tracking speeds for each one.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Actually it seems PB/iBook users get an extra menu item according to this - which would explain why I don't see it.

http://www.xvsxp.com/power/