Is there a way to save your tv shows and movies to iCloud

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Dec 23, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

So I have a 64 fb iPad and was wondering if I could save my movies and tv shows to iCloud because its taking up a lot of space

2. macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

You'd probably have to buy additional space in the cloud if you wanted to be able to store a significant amount of movies and television shows.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4874

3. macrumors 65816

adam044

dropbox, amazon cloud drive, google drive

4. macrumors 65816

JediZenMaster

Your purchases are automatically saved in the cloud as far as music, tv shows, apps and that is seperate from iTunes

5. macrumors newbie

hsuthard

If the TV shows and movies were purchased through iTunes, you can delete them and re-download them later when you want to watch again. No need for iCloud.

6. Defender2010, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012

macrumors 68000

Defender2010

If they were not bought from ITunes, no. Apple don't allow you to save your own rips to icloud no matter how much storage you purchase. Use a third party service as others have suggested.

7. thread starter macrumors regular

I bought the tv shows and the movie through iTunes so what I could delete all of them and play them through iTunes

8. macrumors 6502

Easy solution... Buy iTunes Match and access them through your shared library in iTunes activate home sharing in the settings of iTunes

9. macrumors 65816

Mliii

This is not accurate.
    I have a number of movies purchased through iTunes and deleted from my hard drive. When I've tried to re-download them, I get a message telling me that they were purchased too long ago to re-download. My only option is to purchase them again.
    Ridiculous...:mad:

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Wow really so I bought tv shows and a movie only way to re watch them is to have them on my iPad?! Not familiar with Dropbox and other cloud storages