Is There An Alternative To The Fossil Decker Tablet Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by CrazyKickCollector, May 21, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

I love to find a replacement but something that looks exactly the same. I have been searching all over the web and I can find it. Maybe, someone here has seen it. I seen cases that are vertical but not horizontal. Please if you seen something similar or that case let me know.

Attached Files:

2. macrumors member

Raven45

I don't know that it's EXACTLY the same, but it looks pretty close:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/73711857/leather-envelope-ipad-case-in-antique

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

its nice but pricey. Im gonna keep lookin it wad defenitly what I was lookin for =)

4. macrumors member

Raven45

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I seen that case. I perfer the simple two buttons and string. Its a classic professional business look.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

do u know where i can get this case?

Attached Files:

7. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

You get it from their site. Look up: Nerdrelow (or something similar).

This case was the one I originally wanted for both my MBP & iPad1...

But never bit the bullet seeing as it was never discussed in this forum and all threads pointed towards the portenzo. (Never got either)

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

i just love the fact that its hidden and it looks like a actual book not one with opening ports and etc. Im still searching for the perfect case. This is so much work.

9. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

It really is. I too, loved the aspect of looking like you're carrying around only a book...but for $99 i'm not down. For me, the big upside is that I'd be carrying around my iPad in incognito mode...though the downsides for me are a lack of a typing angle, secure movie viewing angle (surface greatly factors with this book-case), etc.

It's too big of a purchase at $99 for me to grab it...even more if I personalized it; which I'd really like to...

10. thread starter macrumors newbie

i agree completely for an extra $120 I can upgrade my ipad. which case did you end up buying? I'm looking for a business case like the fossil one which will keep my ipad protected and hidden. I dont want any ports out in case it rains.

11. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I've not yet purchased the iPad 2 but will most likely this weekend.
    I'm still pondering between the 16gb or 32gb.

As for protection, I'm in the middle of finding a low priced Apple Smart Cover. I also just purchased a screen protector for the back of the iPad, but I will not be requiring screen protection for the screen itself. As for my case/bag, i've gone with the InCase Field Bag...which I just ordered online and hope it arrives at my home before I do in a week.

12. thread starter macrumors newbie

32gb is worth it if u add music and videos but if not really all your going to add is apps

13. macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

in iTunes I have:

Music: 5GB's
    Movies: 90GB's
    TV Shows: 40GB's
    Books: 6GBs
    Apps: 20GB's

Obviously I don't need all on my iPad...but having my music and a few movies would be nice. W/ my last iPad 1 I found myself clamoring for space and being frugal w/ my app syncing. We'll see.