Is there an app for a simple audible reminder?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kenkamm, Nov 5, 2009.

1. macrumors regular

Yes, I have done a search. Whether I searched well enough remains to be seen. :)

I have lockinfo installed, and I like it a lot. But I would still like to find an app that can do one simple task - provide repeating audible reminders for missed calls, voice mails, SMSs, etc. I don't want something with a lot of bells and whistles or something that will interfere with lockinfo. I just want something that will make the phone beep every 15 minutes, half hour, or maybe even just every hour if I missed a notification.

Does such an app exist?

2. macrumors regular

notifier has reminders and even has an app for them.

not sure about status notifier.

dt

3. macrumors G4

dhlizard

Status Notifier offers repeating alerts also.

4. macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Notifier (by spektro). Been using over 2 years.

Very configurable, can monitor multiple programs (even iCal).

If you want, you can change the sounds via SSH and/or the Talking Alerts theme for WinterBoard.

5. macrumors regular

yes but its annoying when the alert for email is tuned off yet still decides to randomly vibrate and alert me of the new email !

grrrr does anyone elses do this?

6. macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Um...just maybe an idea to the problem....

The first notification is controlled by how you have your Settings notifications configured. Second (and/or repeating) alerts are how you have the 'notification app' configured. At least, this is how it works for me with Notifier.

HTH.

7. macrumors regular

Dont have an app, just settings in my settings menu for status notifier :)

8. macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

Don't know how Status notifier handles everything...it never worked for me back when I was trying out the two apps (in v1.x of the iPhone software).

Does it monitor (and follow) the status of the ring/silence switch? This will also be controlled by how the original Settings are for that option.

Notifier does follow the rules (and has an icon for) when the ring/silence switch is toggled. It's pretty 'multilayer' on the way that it is implemented.

9. macrumors newbie