Is there an app that checks websites for changes & alerts you if any have changed?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by jamesryanbell, Feb 21, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

I'm using Changes Meter now, but it's spotty at best. If the internet connection breaks, it won't work correctly unless you reboot.

I need something better and thought you guys may know of something that I don't.

Anything you can think of that does this?

2. macrumors member

Gugulino

Many websites offer RSS feeds to track updates to the site. RSS Readers are found easily on the Mac App Store.

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

That's good advice, but I was looking for something non-RSS if possible. :) Thanks though!

4. macrumors member

Gugulino

May I ask you what do you try to accomplish?

5. macrumors 6502

DUCKofD3ATH

Safari's Top Sites page indicates when websites on it have changed. Just pin the sites you visit regularly so they'll be permanent in Top Sites, and then changed pages will be indicated by a curled upper right page revealing a silver star.

6. jamesryanbell, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013

thread starter macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

Basically, i just want a better version of Changes Meter. Changes Meter seems to not work at all from time to time.

7. macrumors member

i use netnewswire. rss feed app on my mac. it doesnt have push notification. it help a lot by not visiting every website for updates. it syncs with gmail