Is there an app that will check all my bookmarks for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tomacintosh, Oct 3, 2006.

1. tomacintosh macrumors regular

I have thousands of bookmarks that I've collected through the years. I thought wouldn't it be great to have a cleanup app that checked every bookmark to see if it was still an active link and if not delete it.

Anyone know of anything similar?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Omniweb has a feature like that. It can check bookmarks for changes on a schedule of your choosing, and can file dead links into an "unreachable" category.

3. Weaselboy macrumors Core

Weaselboy

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yes, OmniWeb does this automatically. However, I find it more of an annoyance than a help. It is an annoyance not because it doesn't work, but because it works so well. If you have a few bookmarks, it is probably OK. If as I, you have a lot of bookmarks, then it flags more page updates than you will have time to monitor.

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

It would be annoying if you left everything on an update schedule all the time :D

Individual bookmarks, or folders of them, can be set for different schedules than the default (which can be left as "never").

When it comes time for spring cleaning, set the default to daily or whatever, let its do it thing, clear out the garbage, then put the default back you you don't end up with some 12-digit number in your dock icon.

There is a "mark as viewed" menu item that you can use with a select-all to get rid of the green checks left over from spring cleaning.