Is there an AppleBusinessCare?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sesshi, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

So I was going back home, fuming all the way because I've bought a Macbook and MBP power supplies from my local Apple reseller. Why would I be fuming if I'd bought shiny new Apple hardware? Because it's to replace equipment which is away or has to go away for repair. I was even fuming while the backup of the MB restored on the new machine. A one-week computer turnaround time when you've purchased extended support is completely unacceptable. To get a replacement for a failed accessory sent to me in 'maybe 3 days' is also completely unacceptable when competitors offer next day (and it is really next day) on-site warranties for less than what Apple charges for Applecare.

Suffice to say I'm really cheesed off with this situation. I've paid for Applecare on all my Macs and paid for Procare and yet I have had to spend a further £1200 to rectify problems myself in what I (and Apple's competitors) consider a timely manner. Is Applecare some sort of second-tier support service? Because it certainly feels like it. Is there a better level of support available? It was the only one available to me when I bought the Macs.

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

i don't like it either - all the Dells my work have are covered by a SAME DAY, 4 hour service, on site. fix/replace. and it's about the same as apple care, but you get a year. i'd pay for that any day. i can't be without my mac that long - i bought a second machine because my PMG5 is away being 'fixed' - and has been since 1st June. i've been told to expect it back at my house in oh, 2-3 weeks.

not good.

3. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

It'd be really nice if Apple could keep the good customer service I've heard about while making on call sites and what not. Like you said next day.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Sorry to state the obvious Andy, but thats disgusting.

5. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Even next day costs a good deal less than Applecare. Is your PMG5 Applecared? Because that would really suck.

6. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

AppleCare is quite frankly abysmal.

I've had shoddy service from the whole system in my professional work.

And now my own personal MacBook has been with them for nearly 1 month and they still haven't fixed it!

Just got off the phone with Customer Relations. Was polite with them, yet the best they could do was chase the repair centre "which may take 2 days for a response". Absolutely appalling service when I've already been chasing them to get it sorted.

The problem with Apple is that paying extra for AppleCare and ProCare doesn't make any difference. They still take far too long to get anything resolved.

I've had my balls on the chopping board in the past when Apple repair services have let me down. In a business environment they cannot be relied upon, so additional third-party support contracts need to be taken out.

It's a crying shame but it's true - Apple need to get their act together on hardware support.

7. Play Ultimate macrumors 6502

Now that I have read the laments, what would any of you suggest as an alternative?

8. generik macrumors 601

generik

If you are in the US you can try the big store (ie: best buy) 3 year extended warranties. I heard tales of how people just walk in every year with a worn out battery and receive a brand new one as a replacement. Then towards the end of the 3 years they just damage the device and try to get them to fix it.

9. Sesshi thread starter macrumors G3

Sesshi

Echoing the earlier person but for the UK, what are the alternatives?