Is there another me trying to get out?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Greencardman, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Kidding. But, I am having trouble logging in because it tells me that I've tried too many times and got the wrong password. Only I sometimes haven't been to the site in a day or three. And I don't get my password wrong. So either something's fishy, or there's a problem. What causes this? Can you tell me if someone is trying to log in as me? Inspector Clouseau? Anywhere?

Thanks for the help,

Greencardman

2. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Send a PM to one of the Moderators, I think they'll be able to tell you the information you want. In the future, it'll help if they could see the problem in the title on your thread, as they might pass one with a title like this by.

Good luck.

3. runplaysleeprun macrumors 6502a

runplaysleeprun

I had/have the same problem. I even got 2 emails regarding it. I replied to one them letting them know I hadn't even tried to log in. the only way i managed to log in was on my home computer I had remained logged on.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Likely a byproduct of the increased traffic today.

Or a very persistent hacker since it happened to me also. :eek:

5. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I wasn't in a hurry, but I suppose it would have been polite of me title it correctly. I was in a goofy mood, so I apologize.
    :)

Other people are having this problem too? I wonder what could be causing it?

If its a hacker, they'll never guess my password! Its a super secret password only found in the movie "Spaceballs."

:)

6. tcrab macrumors member

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Hmmm....

"iseeyourschwartzisasbigasmine" seems to get me into your account. ;)

There have been issues with server synchronizing which have triggered those replies - I faced them myself. It should be winding down soon.

8. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually, thats the combination to my luggage.

Thanks for your reply. And I just went ahead and emailed a moderator, so you can ignore that.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The problem was diagnosed and corrected earlier today. We apologize that it occurred.

It was a problem with the load balancing system that we relied on to support the heavy traffic today. That system did not properly distinguish visitors, so the timeouts that resulted from one person typing the wrong password were being incorrectly applied to someone else.

It was unforeseen and unfortunate, and we hope to learn from that mistake.