Is there any Finance Software that actually works?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by D0ct0rteeth, Mar 2, 2003.

1. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Is there any software that will actually allow me to do my financial transactions and bookeeping in osx.

According to their website Quicken/Quickbooks doesn't support my bank and all the files i try on versiontracker are basically just apps for balancing my checkbook... they dont actually facilitate the transactions.

Anything out there for this?

Thanks.

-Doc

2. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

would myob accountedge work? i use firstedge, and haven't even bothered with online banking yet/

3. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I loved MYOB, on early versions. With luck, it will suit you. Where does Quicken fall short? Give us more data.

Dan

4. D0ct0rteeth thread starter macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

I want the ability to actually pay the bills in the software...

click = transfer money from my account to the vendor. ie: online banking or electronic checking.

-Doc

5. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

I use MYOB and it works fine for me.

dont use PCs though (if you use AIB -which nobody in america does - so i think ill shut up now)

My bank sent me software for the PC for their online banking service and it had a built in modem dialer. I was using ISDN and when i rang them up they said that their professional business package did not support anything other than a dialup modem coneection.

My bank is AIB (Allied Irish Bank) by the way.

6. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    actually, i used to use AIB here in New York, they have a branch here, very nice too. a step above the big banks over here, which are abysmal (sp?) and the banks like AIB are getting more popular. Commerce Bank is awesome btw ;) oh, and the guy at AIB i always talk to is a Liverpool FC fan too! :D

but yeah, quickbooks pro for mac is just useless, it's basically qbp from years back with os x buttons. very poor. my accountant was waiting for years for it to be updated for mac, and he returned it with a NASTY letter. i'm looking too but have heard bad things about all the major players in the market.....

7. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

MYOB is great-IU've jsed it on a pc at school (during fre time). Bretter than say the features found in Quicken's line(reven though I reckon quicken Australia should makea ver.of their quocken m,ac compatiblew).

8. medea macrumors 68030

medea

9. Jaykay macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

Ahhh, brings a tear to my eye... but dont let it fool you, the Irish banks are just as money hungry and devious as every other major bank - they just have nicer buildings......

my point is that it doesnt support anything more than modem dialling (no ISDN, no Cable, no ADSL, no nothing....). I already have a PC for doing it. And they call it their professional package.