Is there any way (iTunes) ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Dec 5, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Is there any way to set it so that every song I import to iTunes has
    i) Volume - 100%
    ii) Rating - 5 stars
    iii) No comments

Its very annoying to be doing this all the time, after every (few) import(s)

Thanks in advance

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

You could try doing it via automator.

Or maybe just to make it easier for yourself edit multiple files @ once (cmd-a, cmd-i)

3. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

1 I wouldn't know where to start
    2 Thats what I do now, but I am continually importing, and would like it to happen automagically

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

if they all have five stars and 100% volume, why not reset everything and just turn up your volume and leave them all with zero stars?

5. tbrinkma macrumors 68000

I don't care about the stars, but how about a way to have iTunes process each song and set it's volume so everything in my library has the same median volume. I get tired of listening to one song, and having to turn up the volume because the song is quiet, only to get my ears blasted by the next song because it's louder.

6. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

you mean... sound check??

7. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

Mmm...interesting. Although, I do disagree with your point. Unfortunately, you contradict yourself between the first three points, although I do see what you were trying to get across.

8. Nar1117 macrumors 6502

Well thought out. I agree with you one the first and second points, but I dont think he actually does contradict himself. If you notice, right between his main point and his second supporting point he uses a very good piece of evidence that really pulls everything together. Ya dig?

9. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

this feature is called Sound Check, which Scottyk9 mentioned. you can enable this by going to iTunes Preferences and then under the "Playback" tab, check "Sound Check." the description says exactly what you described you wanted: "Automatically adjusts song playback volume to the same level."

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Buy iVolume. Process. Enable Soundcheck. :) - XOXO