Is there anyting quiter than Panaflow?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MegaSignal, Sep 22, 2004.

1. MegaSignal macrumors 6502

I love my good 'ol Dual 1.25 MDD. I've installed the Verax M10 and M11 kits for the CPU and power supply (respectively) and have been quite happy with the relative quietness and steady temps of no more than 59.2C (except when ripping with iDVD, but then my temps only go to 60.8C). I use a Panaflow 120mm fan in place of the original Papst (not Pabst) fan as a general ventalator.

My question is this: Is there anything quieter and/or more powerful (in terms of airflow) than a Panaflow 120mm fan?

TIA

2. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

On paper, yes. Reality, no, at least from my experience. But then again, I've only used Panaflo fans in all the PC systems I've built.

However, there are some people who claim this fan's better than the Panaflo. You're free to try, I can't guarantee results though.

http://www.svc.com/12aocalframc.html

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

The fans from here (UK shop, if you are in another country you can probably get a local supplier) are basically silent as long as they are properly mounted. I have these fans and one of the PSU's in my PC desktop and you can't tell when it's on or off apart from the hard drives. Newer drives are quieter so next upgrade will reduce noise even more!

4. MegaSignal thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input.

For $15.95, it certainly is worth a try!