Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Theraker007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
My work email is through activesync and exchange on the iPhone and just recently they did something that requires the phone to be passworded to slide and unlock it to protect your email from whatever.

However, the password is 10 character minimum, requires a letter and a number AND a symbol and is beyond irritating to put in every time I need to get to something on my phone. It's even more dumb because nothing in our email is even remotely confidential.

Anyway. I tried activator with no luck. Does anyone know a way j can get around putting a password in every time even if it's not the original intent of the application but it just works?

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Are you on 4.0 or 4.0.1?

This was a problem for me also on 4.0, but Apple fixed it on 4.0.1 (some exchange accounts causing this).

Might be mandated by your tech dept, but possible it was the bug in 4.0.

fastblack

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
It is an IT profile. If its jailbroken theres someway to change it, but I dont know how. It used to be different on 3.1.2, I actually had it setup with my works exchange email account then, but ios4 changed the file it was in.

Theraker007

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
I am unfamiliar with the terminology. Do not know what parameters to search. Can you please direct me to referenced topics?

I'm 4.0.1, jailbroken software.

iPhone 4 if it matters. And yes it's an IT thing as someone else suggested. It's not the normal password thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.