Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brannon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
I know you cant add micro sd cards.

I am talking physically changing out the single 32gig chip in there for a 64 or the newer 128?

I am pretty confident in my ability to actually change it out but i would like to know if the iPhone will even recognize anymore memory? Or is there a way to even know this till it is tried?

I am pretty sure the chip is souldered in there but does anybody know if it just snaps in?

Plus where can i buy a 64 or 128 gig chip?

I am being completley serious to! i would absolutly love to be able to hold all me apps, music, and movies at the same time!

Thank you!

Brannon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 28, 2009
No. There is no way to upgrade it without replacing the whole logic board, (very expensive).

Oooh good point..... i completley forgot about the Logic Board...... Damnit...

WEll thank you anyways!

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
I don't even think you can get any chips bigger than 32GB anyway, I mean the 64GB iPod Touch just uses 2 x 32GB chips and not a single 64GB chip

jfyrfytr25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
I am pretty confident in my ability to actually change it out.........I am pretty sure the chip is souldered in there but does anybody know if it just snaps in?

someone who spells soldered "Souldered" should re-evaluate your confidence in IC replacement. just a thought!!!

edogyip

macrumors member
May 26, 2009
I know you cant add micro sd cards.

I am talking physically changing out the single 32gig chip in there for a 64 or the newer 128?

I am pretty confident in my ability to actually change it out but i would like to know if the iPhone will even recognize anymore memory? Or is there a way to even know this till it is tried?

I am pretty sure the chip is souldered in there but does anybody know if it just snaps in?

Plus where can i buy a 64 or 128 gig chip?

I am being completley serious to! i would absolutly love to be able to hold all me apps, music, and movies at the same time!

Thank you!

1. Get second iPhone 4
2. Buy double sided tape.
3. Adhere the phones back to back.
4. Double the memory.

You're welcome.

dark5

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
Remember guys, if you aren't sure if something is possible check Youtube. :p

ahfu25

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
But where'd you get the 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power??

LMAO!!:D
20040615_giga_e.jpg

flux-capacitor.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.