Is there bluetooth remote out there?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by likosoad, Jan 19, 2006.

1. likosoad macrumors member

Hi, I bought my pb a few months ago, I have frontrow installed and it works like a charm, I love it. I would love to have one of those fabulous remotes but they don't work on older macs. Isn't there a bluetooth remote out there I could buy, I know there are other usb remotes, but I don't want to stick in a remote receiver all the time...

2. StokeLee macrumors 6502

StokeLee

Have you got a Bluetooth device such as a mobile phone, or PDA?
    I use my nokia 6630 with Salling Clicker. Works like a dream.

3. likosoad thread starter macrumors member

sorry, I did search the forum for quite a while but I didn't find anything, if I did a saerch I got to many results. But thnx very much, I don't have a phone that can handle this software but I buy a new phone every few years. Thnx again

4. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

You can use your cell phone to control the Mac like the remote?? How is this so? Please explain.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Logitech bluetooth for presentations

In our lab conference room we have a Logitech bluetooth presentation mouse, with laser pointer, forward/back dedicated buttons, and a Thinkpad-like eraser pointing device. Works seamlessly with my powerbook, even though I'm the only Mac user out of 50 in the lab.....

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

using applescripts, clicker emulates key presses and mouse moves on the mac. download it, there's a free trial - it's more than worth it. i have it on every mac i have :D

my p900 works best on it, but it works with most phones..

7. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I have a Nokia 6630....can i use that?? it has bluetooth and it syncs with my pb perfectly....

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

just so unlucky understands... click the link in my previous post and READ.

9. PickledSquirrel macrumors regular

PickledSquirrel

Romeo can do most of the same stuff and its freeware... If (like me) you're too lazy to move from your bed when you want to adjust the volume on the film you're watching and so on. Plus it really takes it out on an audience when you point your phone and magic happens:D I use it with a SE T610

-squirrel

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Another vote for Romeo.

This topic did come up quite recently. My suggestion then and now is to find a used, inactivated Sony-Erickson 600 series phone. Works great with Romeo and Keynote.

11. arcobb macrumors regular

My brain hurts!!

But does a remote exist that is not a pda or a phone. I would give my right arm for a bluetooth remote that is simple, small and straight forward. Apple's remote would be a home run it was this. We have bluetooth keyboards and mice... and it seems like the bluetooth technology is perfect for this application. 30 feet... no wires, goes through walls! I am just befuttled why noonone has come out with an expensive product... it would have to cost more then the apple wireless mouse.

Apple! I want a bluetooth remote... not an IR one... Why, oh why are you putting IR sensoirs back on your computers?? What - we can have IR... but no firewire 800 or modem that people actually want? Is bluetooth too good for you? I can't remember the last time I read anything about people missing the IR sensor on their old tiBooks... they were slow and impractical and overall didn't work that great. I thought that is why we ditched it for bluetooth! Ok... rant over!... must drink beer to de-stress from this bewildering issue!

12. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I have a Razr...and that doesn't work with Sailing clicker which is really a shame....

maybe Romeo?

13. bluedevil14 macrumors regular

bluedevil14

I have a LG VX9800 (the V) and that doesnt work with sailing clicker. Anyone know if there are any programs that do work with my phone