Is there Kazaa for Mac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jaeshellz, Jul 11, 2004.

1. jaeshellz macrumors member

Favorite newbie here again lol, um just wondering if there is a Kazzaa for mac avaiable or whats the best file sharing program u guys use?

thanx

2. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

3. joshuajestelle macrumors regular

4. johng723 macrumors member

you can also try limewire. its closely related to kazaa

5. Dr. Zauis macrumors member

I recommend Poisoned too. I like how it can put the songs you download (make sure they are legal and uncopyrighted ;) ) into a playlist for iTunes. BTW search before you post, this topic shows up on these boards every couple of weeks. Remember to try and keep this thread away from topics on piracy because filesharing can easily go there and all things illegal should be kept off these boards.

6. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

Dead link ?...

7. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

8. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

I've gotten away from using p2p (specifically LimeWire) in favor of BitTorrent. :D :cool:

9. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

After having used Poisoned for a couple of months (putting up with sketchy downloads just b/c I figured P2P was slowly dying), I tried Acquisition the other day, and I am thoroughly impressed. It's tight integration within Panther may freak some out, but I believe it is much more developed than Poisoned and it has some beautiful features.

10. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

if you're looking for all the music you could imagine, at high quality and full albums, and you have 4 hours to spare then i suggest installing SoulSeek. there's nothing better. Limewire is still the old standby though, probably the most reliable and widely used Mac P2P. it's also not virus-infested like Kazaa, at least not for us ;) mlMac is so-so and Poisoned has its moments too. i say for files and apps just use Limewire and for music SoulSeek and Poisoned. eDonkey is quite good too, but VERY slow downloads.