Is there sales tax?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rye9, Nov 25, 2005.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

If I was to buy an iBook off of amazon.com, will there be sales tax like on apple.com?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I looked at it but I couldnt find an answer really. Has anyone here purchased Apple products from amazon.com? For those who have bought through amazon.com, was there tax on your Apple products?

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

If you can't find it, you probably didn't look. It's right on the page linked by PlaceofDis.

5. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

I did look but I didnt understand it well. But I think I understand that if you buy Apple products through amazon.com, tax is only charged on orders in KS, KY, ND and WA. Can someone please tell me if i am correct? Thx

6. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

right-o

No tax since you're in NY.

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

What Amazon store are you planning on making this purchase from? If it is directly from Amazon and not another store run by Amazon, then you'll only pay tax in KS, KY, ND and WA.

8. generik macrumors 601

generik

If this is the case is it possible that buying from Amazon might even be cheaper than buying direct from Apple with a EDU discount?

9. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

Yes i believe so. I asked for a very similar reason. The price discounts today still are more expensive then normal prices on amazon.com with amazon's rebate bc of apple's tax. I was gonna buy today from apple.com, but then i realized that i should buy from amazon.com anyday bc they are cheaper everyday. In short, yes amazon.com is cheaper than an edu. discount.