Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I bought an intel iMac around April. Since then it's had multiple problems, the most annoying one is that sometimes the Keyboard stops working and you have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work but the mouse will work fine, sometimes it's vice-versa and sometimes both stop working at the same time. Another problem is that it takes well over 30 seconds to recognize a disc, while my iBook is a lot faster than that. Another problem is that when I was doing the update from 10.4.6 to 10.4.7 it stopped at the grey screen while booting and I had to bring out the restore discs. And once the bar that you see during the Apple logo when it's starting has appeared on the desktop and made me manually shut down the computer. Is there something wrong with my iMac?

pilotError

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2006
Long Island
iMac

I bought my iMac 20" around the end of April too.

I haven't had any problems that you describe. I have been keeping up with the normal software updates and had no problems with the 10.4.7 upgrade.

My machine does have 2GB and a 256MB video card though. Shouldn't make any difference in the world. Do you have anything like bootcamp installed?

FWIW...

Mike...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.