Is there still problems with blackbooks or white macbooks with the coloring?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by inf, Jan 17, 2007.

1. inf macrumors 6502

inf

When MacBooks first revisions were released, there was a lot of problems with the coloring on the white macbook. Blackbooks had the problem with the black matte finish wearing off.

Are these still a problem with a Macbooks? I'm thinking between White Macbook or a Blackbook, but I prolly go with the white one (it's the apple color ;) ).

2. bonnybilly macrumors newbie

I got a white MacBook in June, with the revised finish. It still marks (dull grey where my wrists rest and on the trackpad button), but nowhere near as bad as the early ones. Still a pain though.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Can you clean the discolouration/stain, though? The problem isn't the discolouration. You'd basically expect that since it's white. If it doesn't come off, it's a problem.

Right now, if you buy a new Macbook, it's not a problem, or at least I haven't seen any more mention of it.

4. Skrilla™ macrumors regular

5. bonnybilly macrumors newbie

I've tried to clean mine with the majority of products/solutions but no luck. I haven't tried the Magic Eraser though, that may do it.

I must say, it is starting to bother me!

6. acoustics940 macrumors member

Its not a "stain" its just the rubbing on the plastic chaning the texture and rubbing the plastic down. You cannot remove or clean smoothed plastic.

7. inf thread starter macrumors 6502

inf

With the old iBooks you can remove the "stains" with rubber gum, does it work with the new Macbooks?

Anyone have the Blackbook? In the beginning it had the problem that the black matte finish would wear off very easily f.ex if you scratch the surface with your nail, is this still a problem?

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the new MacBooks and see if that helps. I know it works wonders on the iBook.

9. bonnybilly macrumors newbie

Hang on, why would I want to remove plastic? It's a stain - it's dirty and it doesn't come off. If it was simply a case of it being 'rubbed down' you would still be able to clean it.

10. butaro macrumors regular

11. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Wanna bet? :p

12. coventry macrumors newbie

Hi,Buddy,I think you can try a palmrest protector which I had used very well.
    I find it on ebay.uk,maybe you can have a try.:)
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=180082090534&rd=1&rd=1

13. Cristian macrumors 6502

Cristian

Exact same thing with me I got it in June and its gray but not as bad as early ones.