is there such an accessory for macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by amyamyspicy, Dec 29, 2006.

1. amyamyspicy macrumors newbie

I just got a new white macbook. I love everything about it except that it gets dirty so easy, especially the part around the touching panel where I my palm moves around a lot when I type and do stuff. And it's annoying because it's hard to clean it. So my question is: is there such an accessory that'd protect those parts from getting dirty?
    I had an ibook before and had the same problem.
    or should i just wash my hands everytime before i use my macbook?:confused:

2. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

I wonder if you could use something like a thin layer of plastic to cover that part and still use it (the trackpad is what I'm thinking you're talking about). Otherwise just get pad and clean it, I think the one sponges from Mr. Clean work well on them. Dry though not wet

3. product26 macrumors 6502a

product26

although washing your hands each time is not an ideal solution, i remember taking a computer class back in middle school (yes on macs!) and the instructor made us wash our hands before each class.

It couldn't hurt.

But i do think there are some protective stickers that you can get.

4. alangyssler macrumors member

alangyssler

Magic eraser

I have an iBook that suffered from the "dirty palm" symptoms similar to your MacBook. I tried all sorts of liquids and cleaners (which, in hindsight, probably wasn't the smartest thing to do), but the ONLY thing that has worked for cleaning the palm rest was the Magic Erasers. They work dry, and don't scuff up the surface. You might need to keep at it for a bit, but they cleaned up my iBook really well, are reusable, and relatively cheap. Just don't use them on the screen, and wipe off any dust that they leave behind.

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

To prevent it from getting dirty, get BestSkinsEver's Total Body Skin for the Macbook. I did :)

6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Haha. Magic erasers really work with EVERYTHING. They work very well on my Macbook, I would give them a try.

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

8. T-Stex macrumors 6502

9. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

i used a vacuum cleaner (hand held) and moist towelettes and that kept mine clean

and i live in a dorm, so it gets pretty filthy.