Is this a blown speaker? Or is it software related?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Anthony8720, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

The left speaker on my macbook almost sounds blown during certain dialog while watching a dvd or a movie on quicktime. However, when i blast music through itunes everything sounds great, no problem whatsoever. If anyone has any input i would greatly appreciate it.

2. SheriffParker macrumors 6502a

SheriffParker

If your music plays fine in iTunes, then it is certainly not a blown speaker. As to what your software problem is, I have no idea. :(

3. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

I just noticed that the problem only occurs during dialog, ie it also occurs while listening to podcasts through iTunes. Could you guys please test this for me.

Could you all please open up System preferences, and then open up the sound box. Then could you please open iTunes and go to the Dane Cook Podcasts. Then play the May 18 podcast (dont subscribe, just double click it). While its playing please have your speakers at a high volume and use the slider in the sound window to fade the sound back and forth between your left and right speakers. Does it sound the same through both speakers, or does the left one sound a little fuzzy? Thanks a lot in advance!