is this a cover for the new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by heathsouter, Mar 3, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

2. Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Im sure they meant the iPad.

3. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, they meant iPad. They are one of those Hong Kong based companies that make knock-off accessories. I've bought from them before via eBay. They make decent stuff -- really hard to discern from most of the comparable official "made for..." version.

4. macrumors 6502

It's amazing to me that these places can't get such details right. I mean, somebody spent a bunch of time taking those images, uploading them, making the web page... and they can't even get the iPad name right? The language barrier is no excuse... this is not difficult stuff.

I see this kind of thing all the time... just blows my mind that these people can actually get it together enough to manufacture these things if they can't even get the name right.

5. macrumors 601

t0mat0

Sometimes it might be kind of useful they're giveaway signs for fake acessories/hardware!

6. macrumors 6502

the aren't allowed to use the correct name

7. macrumors member

Seems like a good idea to buy a product that hasn't been able to verify that actually works with the real product. What if they move a port like a quarter inch or something?

8. macrumors G3

LOL, its due out in what two months, no ports are going to be moved.

9. macrumors member

You don't know how long ago this was designed.

I'm just saying that they've never had a product to place their cover on. It's probably not gonna fit the best.

10. macrumors 68000

greygray

They probably haven't changed the name yet.