Is this a dead pixel?? :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by will0407, Apr 30, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

As the title suggests, can you confirm if this is a dead pixel (just above the cursor). Never had one before, so just wanted to confirm. I've used a pixel tester and it stays black whatever background colour is used.

What's the likelihood apple will replace my machine? (11" ultimate). I've taken as good a care as is possible with it. (speck see thru case, moshi palm guard, la.robe for transport, coolbook)

[​IMG]

2. macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Hard to tell, but looks like a spec of dust under the screen to me.

4. macrumors regular

Not possible because the MBA has no cover over the panel?

I have the same, but haven't had a chance to take mine in! 13" Ultimate with a stuck pixel. It was very saddening to find it - although actually it makes no difference to using it...

5. macrumors 6502a

nebulos

if you're past the first 14 days, they won't do anything about one pixel.

6. macrumors 6502

BENJMNS

yes :(

7. macrumors 65816

MultiFinder17

If it is indeed a dead pixel, which it looks to be, Apple most likely will not replace it, considering that only one out of 1,049,088 pixels on the screen is a dud.

8. macrumors member

1 dark pixel. :(

Unlikely for replacement, but take it into an apple store and see what they can do for you.

9. macrumors 6502a

I think I'm going to take it in and see if they'll switch it. Only problem is taking my palmguard off and whther it will reapply as well. I got it on perfectly as well on this one! It has warranty until November so I may leave it for a bit or wait until I have a little more time available.

Maybe if they see that i clearly cherish this little thing they may feel more inclined to help me out

10. macrumors 65816

I see the speck you are pointing to in that picture, but is that even noticeable in normal usage?

11. macrumors regular

I had one dead pixel on my old Sony Vaio which was stuck bright and it was really annoying, even on a 1024x768 11" screen. That one doesn't seem nearly as bad.

Apple is not going to replace it with one bad pixel...

12. macrumors 68020

macingman

If you have a screen protecter it could be dirt under the screen protecter.

13. macrumors 6502a

Yes it is. My background is a light grey colour so it shows up on that. And the fact that I know it's there means my eyes are drawn to it.

14. macrumors 65816

MultiFinder17

Best of luck trying to get it replaced, but don't expect them to do it mate.

15. macrumors 6502

I found a dead pixel today. Maybe my vision just sucks but, even when I look for it knowing where its at, I can't see it unless conditions are perfect (100% screen brightness, white background, nothing else near it). It really isn't that big of a deal, no screen is perfect.