Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceruleanventure

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
I need to purchase an apple laptop soon and I have the opportunity to purchase a new ibook from the bookstore at the college where my mother works. They're cleaning out their old stock to make room for the new macbooks etc. The price is $600 for a new iBook G4 (12-inch 1.33GHz model) Is this a good deal? I've never owned an ibook (besides an old clamshell) and if any ibook g4 owners want to chime in, that would be great. I just want to know how they handle performance wise etc. Thanks :D

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
That's the same iBook that I have, and I love it. For that price I would say go for it. Especially since it is brand new. I will admit though that sometimes I am macbook envious, but my little iBook still performs perfectly, and is very peppy with what I want it to do. I still have the stock ram in there to, so I know when I add more it'll be a lot faster.

I vote, go for it!

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
remember ebay fees come in, you end up getting **** all when selling on ebay.

kmarketing

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2004
don't forget to add that if you get to a certain amount on ebay, you have to declare taxes.

Just get one for yourself, and enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.