Is this a good idea?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mrat93, Jan 1, 2007.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

The Macworld keynote in 8 days away and I am praying for a new iPod. If I put my iPod on eBay for 10 days would I be most likely to be wasting my time? Also, If is doesn't come out at Macworld, I could always cancel the listing. Is this worth the time and possible wasted eBay fees?

2. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

do not, repeat, do not post an ebay listing with the intention of pulling it down. You waste your time and the time of the bidders.

Put your pod up on a 5 day auction, so you get the buyers who aren't in tune with macworld expo. Then if apple doesn't introduce new ones, buy a small refurb as a stopgap until the one you want comes out. Or wait until what you want is out. It's a gamble.

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

When I was 11...

the Video iPod came out and I sold my 4g 20gb iPod immediately. However, prices went down a few weeks after it came out and everyone knew about it, so I think it's okay to sell a day or 2 after it comes out.

4. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

in that case, wait until Tuesday, then throw it up on a 3 or 5 day if what you want comes out.

5. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

this is a bad idea. wait until after the expo to see if something is released. you're wasting your time and money if you put it up with the intention of removing it plus eBayers don't like to see this behavior from sellers.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

if you notice most iPods still sell for over their value, buy i would be irritated if the buyer pulled down there item

7. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Not necessarily a good idea but you could do that.

8. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

iPods are in the news constantly now though. The gap between the release and everyone knowing about it continually gets shorter and shorter.

9. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

post it on craigslist, no fees and prolly get cash. worse comes to worse its a feeler thats free.

10. cyberddot macrumors 6502

cyberddot

11. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

The problem is that this isn't like some new Toshiba MP3 player. When Steve makes a product announcement- epically a major when, even the prime time news talks about it. As a result of that, and iPod's popularity growing steadily, I would sell the iPod on eBay if you are that worried- heck while you're at it, put everything thing Apple you own on there, just in case ;) :cool:

12. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Lol. Sadly, thats the only Apple product I own. I'm getting an iMac whenever a new one comes out or when Leopard comes out.