Is this a good ram to buy for the MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ID008, Aug 8, 2006.

1. ID008 macrumors newbie

I am about to order a MacBook this Friday before I go back to school.

I was thinking of buying 2GB of Ram. Two of this product below to be exact. For PCs Kingston and Crucial tend to be very popular brands and I wanted a somewhat more trusty brand than some no name brand and this is the cheapest I have found so far. $250 for 2GB still beats Apple's $600 by a lot. What brand does Apple generally use for the one they sell on their site? I want a good reliable brand that will perform well and won't crap out so that is why I've been looking at popular trusthworthy PC brands. Don't know what brand is popular with Macs however.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820134025

2. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'll be the first to say it... You should try the search function first, as this topic gets covered about once per day.

Anyway... A large portion of MacRumors members (and myself) will recommend Data Memory Systems for RAM. They're a great vendor, and offer guarantees on their products, as well as great customer service. I've purchased three RAM upgrades from them, and couldn't be happier. You're better off going with them than anyone else, in my opinion.