Is this a possibility?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by psycoswimmer, Oct 23, 2006.

1. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Hi. This is just an opinion question for everyone out there. Does anyone think a 15" Macbook is plausibile at any time during 2007? I love the Macbook, and the specs are perfect for me, but the 13" is a little small. Just wondering if anyone thinks this could happen.

Thanks. :)

- Matt

2. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Short answer: no. Someone else will elaborate since I'm typing with only one hand.

3. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

I'm no expert in apple history but since the iBook only was 12" and 14" and that the 13" widescreen is like a morph of these I wouldn't think they'll make a 15" MacBook...
    Also it seems that it's apple's policy that if you need bigger than a 13" laptop - then you're a pro! :D

4. psycoswimmer thread starter macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

:D Well I'm planning to buy an iMac after Christmas and then a Macbook (if it still is :p) Q3 2007 for school. By then I can probably get a refurb Macbook Pro for an okay price.

5. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

why only one hand? you ok?

alot of people think that they are coming with new model soon. VERY SOON. macbooks and Macbook pro's are in short supply across the world. the only time this happens is just before new model announcement because apple wants to sell their prior model as long as they can.

people are in fact thinking as soon as tmrw, as late as early Nov. so... just keep looking here. it will come.

6. psycoswimmer thread starter macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Okay. :D

Merom 15" Macbooks this Tuesday. :p

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I was eating something before I have to leave for work. I just didn't want to touch my computer with the hand that I was using to eat.

The laptop line is complete. There is no need for Apple to expand the line. There is also no way that Apple will make a 15" widescreen MacBook because it will cannibalize the sales of the MacBook Pro. Sure, the iBooks and Powerbooks survived against each other, but the difference between the two models was greater than it is now. The two laptop models now are so similar that it would make no sense to make a MacBook that will directly compete with the MacBook Pro.

8. psycoswimmer thread starter macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

Yeah, I see your point. Thanks for the quick reply. :)