Is this apples secrect weapon for Video Ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by dannynoonan, Oct 13, 2005.

1. dannynoonan macrumors newbie

I was reading the Bloomberg news today and I came across this company called Espre Soulutions. The won a award for video compression technology. Is this what is in the Ipod? If so they are a sleeping giant. The symbols are EPRT on the pink sheets.

2. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

3. Cfg5 macrumors regular

What is someone's first post suppose to be like.

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Say what??

5. Quartz Extreme macrumors regular

Quartz Extreme

The iPod uses QuickTime, Apple's cutting-edge, industry-standard video compression technology. The codecs used are MPEG4 and H.264.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/

6. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    I usually see first posts as being something along the lines of this:
    Hey guys so I know this may have been talked about before but when do you think they will release the new PowerBook and how come i can put up one of those pictures under my name.

I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic or not but i didn't find this to be to shockingly weird of a first post.

7. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I don't get at all what you mean by that.. is something wrong with his post?

And as Quartz said Apple uses MPEG4 and H.264

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Mine was this...

9. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

Come to think of it, is this my first post? :confused:

10. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

And mine was...

Blast from the past.

Hickman

11. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Continuing that theme

12. fayans macrumors 6502a

fayans

Give the newbies a chance to participate no matter how silly the thread would be. Too much moderation would discourage new user to participate, which in the end this forum would be dominated only by seasoned participants.

13. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Just felt a lot like he was advertising for a company more than anything else. Go run out and buy stock 'cause it's gonna take off...

14. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

And while we're sharing 1st posts, here's mine - From a thread titled "iPod makes people look at other Apple products?"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 0s and 1s
    I can vouch for that. I haven't used an Apple in 14yrs., and when I purchased my iPod in January, it 'mysteriously' led me to the Apple Store where I'd spend hours looking at the laptops. It led me to finally purchase my own PB last week.

Same with me...except that I haven't actually bought my PB yet...still saving $$ and hoping that a new revision will come out soon...but my next computer will definitely be an Apple. And that never would have happened if they didn't make iPod available to windows users. The apple stores don't hurt either, but I never really went in to the store until after I got an iPod (my first-ever Apple product).​

The new iMac G5 ended up beating the Powerbook out...

15. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

My First Post:

Cool Video if you like Radiohead videos....
    If any of you guys wanna check out other cool Radiohead videos i highly highly suggest "Paranoid Android" or "Rabbit in Your Headlights" both are sweet.

Paranoid Android (You need Realplayer)

Rabbit in Your Headlights (Quicktime)

Karma Police is good also but i can't find a link.

P.S. I've been reading MacRumors for ever but this is my first post, how do I insert a link without having to put in the whole address, and rather just the title. Did I do it right?

16. supergod macrumors 6502

Rabbit in Your Headlights is not a Radiohead song. It is by a band called UNKLE that was mostly DJ shadow. The track features vocals by Thom Yorke, but was not written by either him or Johnny. That particular song was recorded in 1996 (bends era) so its actually quite amazing how modern it still sounds. They say it was one of their influences on the track "airbag".

17. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Jumping on the bandwagon, my first post, as far as I can tell, was:

18. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

Yep this was pointed out after i made that first post, imagine how i felt after being corrected for the first thing i said. :rolleyes:

19. dannynoonan thread starter macrumors newbie

My First Thread

Sorry guys, I did not want to come off like I was advertising for this company. I just thought that you guys might know if this is what the Ipod is using. If not is this comany going to compete with them. I will be sitting on the sidelines seeing if anyone knows about this company. Thanks for your help.

20. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Actually, it's unusual for a first post. Unless you all registered at MR for the sake of pumping up some penny stock...

21. dannynoonan thread starter macrumors newbie

Espre Soulutions Technology

You are the ones who keep talking about stock. I am not concerned with the stock in this company, I am only concerned with the technology. I am trying to discuss the technology. If it threw anyone off guard its because I am inexperianced and this is my first post.

22. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

Okay, sorry about that! ;)

I took a quick look at the company, they are one of those penny stocks that you get spammed about. So I thought you might have even been some auto-bot that registered and posted about the stock. In which case I am having a conversation with a spam bot. Woo hoo!

In any case, Apple doesn't have that technology in the iPod. ;)