Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bronner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
Michigan
Hello, I have an iMac G4 the specs are:

1Ghz 17" 2003
1.25 GB RAM
Leopard 10.5.8
AirPort Extreme
Harmon Kardon Speakers (the special clear G4 ones)
No kb and mouse included

And an iPhone 3G black 8gb att

I am getting ready to trade both of them for a white iPhone 4 8gb att with extra speakers and 2 cases. I don't really like the speakers or cases, and I'm probably going to use my own case. The iPhone comes with the box and accessories. It's only been used 2 months and is *supposedly* in good shape. The pics were nice, and everything checks out. It seems to be in good condition.

What I wanted to know, do you guys think that giving up the iMac for the iPhone is fair for me? The iMac G4 is probably my favorite Apple product, but I've also wanted an iPhone 4 since it came out, so do you think the value of that is worth the iPhone I'm getting? I also must mention I have a Power Mac G5 late 2005, so I'm not giving up my only Mac. And I have an iPad 2, so this isn't my only iOS device. I also probably will not be activating it, but it is always an option. I intend to use it as an iPod touch, but I don't like the tapered form factor of the iPod touch or the iPhone 3G (the tapered edges feel weird in my hand and the iPhone looks and feels much nicer)

My iPhone 3G was acquired with it being a "trade-item" in mind. I got it in a trade and I've always used it as a last resort "I'll throw in an iPhone 3G if you want!"

I just wanted to know if you guys would do the same trade. I'm not out for "if it makes you happy do it." I always have trouble deciding what I want, so I'd like to get some opinions. Like, I like the white iPhone since a celebrity that I follow has one, so it's a cool connection, but I like the looks of the black (and my iPad 2 is black) one so I'm torn in that (if only I could have both...) Maybe I'll trade the white for a black later down the road if I don't like it...

So, what do you guys think? Pretty equal trade, right? Or no? And would you do the same?

-Cody

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.