Is this excessive... (24" iMac advice/question)?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mulletman13, Sep 7, 2006.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey all,

Well, the night before the new iMacs were introduced, I purchased a 20" widescreen LCD panel to be paired with my 17" iMac right now. I didnt think a 23/24" iMac would come out, and I told myself if it did it would be out of my price range.

In any case, the LCD arrived yesterday, and I hooked it up to my 17" iMac... looks great.

Well, here lies the problem. I just sold my powerbook , which takes me about 75% to the 24" iMac... and I will be selling my 17" iMac to finance the other part.

Do I keep the 20" Widescreen? Will a 24" and 20" on my desk look a bit TOO excessive?

:X

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Two screens vs. one big one

I have to say I'm more productive with two.

3. afornander macrumors 6502

you could go with the 20" and have a very good matchup with screen size;)

4. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Obsidian6

i have a 23" ACD and 24" dell. and i dont feel excessive :) only productive.

if i sell my G5 and get the 24" imac. ill keep my ACD.

why'd you sell my PB? ( it's making its rounds! 4th owner now?? )

5. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I would purchase the 20" and max it out as much as you can afford. I am pretty sure u can even get the 2.33Ghz on the 20". with the 20" and a 20" display you will be pretty well off in my opinion.

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Well apparently my reply to this thread got deleted. Which is weird because it was relevant. :confused:

Daniel.

7. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

If you are raising the money through selling your older machines and do not need to use the money for another purpose, then I would definitely get the 24" iMac.

You will get better graphics hardware, which is always useful. FireWire 800, which if you do not already have a use for you may do in the future. More screen space to work with. Larger screen for watching DVDs or similar media - important if you are watching from a distance.