Is this how Apple customer service works?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by macktheknife, May 9, 2003.

1. macktheknife macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

I'm not sure if this case been publicized in these threads here at MR, but I think it's very interesting. First read this guy's case to get a background on the situation. I wonder how truthful it really is, but I think it makes for interesting reading. You can find the original posting here--just scroll down to the last posting on the bottom.

Read it and take it (as with everything you read online) with a grain of salt:

2. macktheknife thread starter macrumors 6502a

macktheknife

Part II

Here's the second part:

3. acj macrumors 6502

yikes

Sometimes purchasing items with certain credit cards, like the mastercard (which I don't own but my workplace uses) will double the manufacturers waranty, and be sure it is held too. This is a really nice feature.

This example doesn't completely compare because it was only one problem, but I have always been impressed with it: An HP laptop at work (what a fat beast!) had screen flickering problems. HP gave us a fedEx account number and had us ship overnight. The laptop returned, fixed, with a new inverter (I think) two mornings later. And this was to Alaska. We were only down 1 day. Wow!

Another time our friend killed his (even bigger :p ) HP by walking around in slippers on carpet and then plugging in an audio jack, which sent a gigantic spark, frying the computer. In the same turnaround, HP recovered his lost data and put it on a new hard drive.

Not that I particularly like HP notebooks, but other companies should take an example from their outstanding service.