Is This Legal to do with iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by furryrabidbunny, Mar 1, 2006.

1. furryrabidbunny macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

If not... don't flame me, just asking. I have Ten free songs for iTunes uk. I am in the U.S. I have setup a iTunes UK account with the ten songs to be redeemed, but can't because of my i.p. address. If i was to have someone in the UK use my song codes to buy what i want and send them to be would it be legal? It is technically my account and my song codes? If it is, then I have ten song codes, but only want to use seven, so i'll offer the three others as payment, and we can just share the account.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I didn't think this was a problem. Can't you just select the UK iTMS at the bottom of iTunes? The limiting factor is in the creation of accounts in other countries because you need a credit card with a local billing address AFAIK. :)

3. jkelly888 macrumors regular

jkelly888

i would also like to do that. if any UK member here is willing to help out...

4. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

You see, I thought this wouldn't be a problem either. I entered in a fake address and phone number and used the redeem codes to get around the credit card part (if you use a prepaid card or redeem code to start the process, credit info is optional). But everytime I go to purchase, I get a 5008 error. I searched the web, but got no clear answer to what the code means, just throwing around fraud a lot. I also read though that iTunes is smart enough to know where your i.p. address is based.

5. furryrabidbunny thread starter macrumors 6502

furryrabidbunny

Nevermind... the problem was nothign I did. That general error code sucked. I just tried it again for the hell of it and I got a better error code. Song codes can't be redeemed for full albums, have to buy songs individually. It works!

6. Cheese macrumors 6502

Cheese

In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    Cool info for those of us, like me that wouldn't know this otherwise. Thanks.