Is This Legit? Sprint iPhone 5 unlock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youslippin, May 17, 2013.

1. macrumors member

So, I used to think that it is impossible to unlock Sprint iPhone 5s for U.S. sim cards.. but according to this site, its possible? Does anyone have any information? I emailed them and am waiting for a response but I'd like to hear if anyone from here has heard of this site?

http://alldaymedia.wix.com/xdawirelessunlocks

2. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

I thought it was possible to unlock it for here. I think it's just the 4S that won't accept US SIM cards.

3. thread starter macrumors member

Really? My 5 def. doesnt take US sim cards. It is unlocked only for international use. I've been trying for months, from what i've been gathering it is only possible to unlock for international use or you can unlock via jailbreak and a gpp/gevey sim but this isnt ideal as it will break the unlock every time apple updates the firmware.

4. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Not possible.
    The Sprint i5 can only be unlocked for international use.
    Not US domestic.
    But its your $100, if you want to risk it go for it.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors 65816

I love how ppl come here to advertise their sites...lol not to mention they have just "found" the website too....lol (yes I know usually owners doing this)

PS 15-16 days...they can very well clear out and deactivate their paypal account by then and you will never see your money.

7. macrumors newbie

Im not the owner, I'm looking at this site myself and came across sprint unlocking. Check my other posts.

----------

Im abit sketchy about this site myself . But i heard if you use a Credit card through paypal you can do a chargeback even if its past 30 days. So boom im not the owner lol...

8. macrumors newbie

Is This Legit? Sprint iPhone 5 unlock

Well, I think as of now sprint doesn’t unlock iphone 5.

9. Abdu, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013

macrumors member

10. macrumors 65816

How did you get an iPhone 5s did I miss something.

11. macrumors 68030

dictoresno

It's obvious in his context he means "sprint iPhone 5's, not 5s. He just didn't use an apostrophe.

12. macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

How can I check if an iPhone 5 is sprint vs Verizon based off the IMEI? is there a way

13. macrumors Nehalem

Applejuiced

Call Apple, they should be able to tell you.

14. macrumors newbie

Most likely a scam

In my opinion, this is most likely a scam. WHY? This is a free website. There is an email address for support@xdawireless.com.
    The domain xdawireless.com is registered in Ireland at an address that is not found.
    The domain for the registration email (build-your-app.com) for xdawireless.com is available (not taken).
    The country calling code for Ireland is 353. “+13862598932” looks like a US phone number.

For those who would like to take their changes I would opt against it as they only accept PayPal. PayPal does not accept claims for virtual, digital, or intangible items as can be seen below in an email I just recieved this morning after trying out my business with http://oneunlock.org They are scammers as well. I am waiting for an answer from http://cellunlocker.net on whether they are able to unlock Sprint.

15. macrumors member

Anyone had any luck on unlocking sprint iPhone?

16. macrumors 68040

Yeah it's pretty much a scam but for those foolish enough to try it at least use your credit card when paying so that you can file a chargeback after they try to take your money.

17. macrumors regular

18. macrumors member

They are not taking credit cards anymore! I wonder why ;)

19. macrumors G3

charlituna

check the MEID. from what I have noticed if it starts 9900 it's Verizon, if it starts 99000 its Sprint

20. macrumors newbie

Don't buy from this website
    http://alldaymedia.wix.com/xdawirelessunlocks
    I tried to buy from him and he took the money and run away.
    Don't even try!!!!!!!!!

21. macrumors newbie

Don't

I bought this service on may 26, they promised the service for 8 business days....I had to file a claim on paypal after one month, in which I luckily had a refund for. I emailed them various times and never received a response in a timely manner. The last response was June 23rd telling me they had suffer due to the weather. I felt very sorry for them, but still they are running a business and a giving bad customer services.

22. macrumors regular

I have a Sprint Iphone 4S unlocked.I called them up and I'm still in contract and they unlocked it but I have been a customer for over 90 days.I go to Canada and like to use Prepaid sim cards.I was thinking of switching to At&T but they don't unlock phones on contract. Found this site http://www.releasemycode.com/ Some people say it works.If I switch to At&T and that site doesn't work I'm going to be happy to have a Iphone 4S that is unlocked.

23. macrumors newbie

They are scammers, they took my money and kept delaying until it was over 45 days and could not get a refund from paypal !!! :mad::