Is this legitimate RAM for a Powerbook G4?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by MagnumSSS, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Norouzi macrumors 6502

First we would need to know which PB G4 you mean. The Aluminum PB's use DDR memory, but the Titanium do not. Second, if we are talking about an Aluminum then yes it should work, however in my opinion I won't buy RAM that dosen't have a lifetime warranty on it.

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

I buy all my memory from OWC because they specialize in Mac products and provide lifetime warranties (in other words, they won't question your return when you say that you're trying to use the RAM in a Mac).

3. MagnumSSS thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I haven't bought my Powerbook G4 yet. I'm looking at a 1.33Ghz Powerbook Refurbed from the Apple Store. Combo drive.

4. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Speaking personally as a guy who has that exact RAM in my iBook, with no problems, I'll vouch for it's legitimacy.

P.S. And thanks to maya for giving me the initial heads up on this RAM! I couldn't be happier. :)

5. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I second this post. :) Works like a charm and its CL 2.5 as well. :)

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have it

It works perfect for me, it's a good deal and ram will usually tell you if it is bad or not the first time you put it in. Once it is in and running, they typically stay that way. I would recommend that ram.