Is this page legal? (podcasts)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbro23, Jun 29, 2006.

1. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

Apr 12, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm doing a site for a client who suggested a "podcasts" page where users can upload video or audio and view other people's content. I've set up the page, but I'm not sure about using the word "podcast"...would Apple have a problem with that.

The website isn't "officially" live yet (i.e. it's not been marketed at all), but you can view the page here:

EDIT: oh, and I used the podcast graphic. If anything, that should definitely go. Let me know if you think it's ok to use, because I kinda like it, but I'm thinking that its gonna have to go.
  2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    The term "Podcast" was around long before Apple supported it in the Music Store. As far as I know, it is not a iTunes specific term. However, you did use the Apple Podcast logo, which may be a violation of copyright laws.

EDIT: I agree with your edit, it looks nice, but it has to go.
  3. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

Aug 2, 2005
    On an island in Maine
    The page looks nice, but Apple is really strict with their logos and I am sure they would not go for incorporating it into your design. I know with their download quicktime badge and made on a mac badge (which I have on my site), you cant alter the log in any way nad you have to have so many pixels of white space around it and you have all this fine print to put on the page. Im sure their podcasting logo is the same way.