Is this place legit???

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by dhracer88, Jun 29, 2005.

1. dhracer88 macrumors regular

I'm looking to buy a new camera, and I just found this place that has extremely low prices. I don't know if it's legitimate though. Are there any security people out there? What do you guys think?

http://www.usaphotonation.com/

I'm kinda being "forced" to buy a new camera, preferably a D70 or D50, so this sure is tempting!

Thanks!

EDIT: I just found out they're involved in a host of lawsuits for not selling the people the product they paid for, unless they buy a $100 manual and a buch of other crap. Ruins my fantasy :mad:

2. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

Sorry, I would have taken a better look but any site that goes full screen like that immediatly get's the X

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

For the most part, any price much lower than your local retailer is suspect.

Yes, I work for a camera shop; but people need to start looking at service and support over price in their buying choices.

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

No offense to you, but I've never needed service or support on any camera I've owned. I'll take my chances with a significantly lower price.

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

And no offense to you - but local dealers should/could work on on your behalf on rebate issues and long term warranty issues. Not all buyers are as lucky as you have been.

In the end don't abuse local dealers to get a look at gear you will only end up buying for the lowest price. And surely don't go in with questions as to how to work your camera. And above all, don't abuse us when we give you the bad news that we can't support your needs.

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

The last time I bought a camera, I went to several local (near Philly) dealers and none of them did squat as far as using rebates or warranties to sell me on buying from them. Maybe they just weren't very good at their business.

I don't need any advice on using cameras, and I would never expect a dealer (or anyone else) to service a product I didn't buy from him/her unless I paid fair money for that service when I needed it.

I understand that dealers offer a lot that cheapo online places do not, but at least for me, it's not enough to offset the rather significant price difference. I'm sure many other people feel differently, and I certainly don't fault them for doing so. Of course my way is more of a gamble, as is forgoing any insurance or extended warranty. It works out for some people, and some people get bitten in the butt. I'll take my chances.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would not use them at all.