Is this price too good to be true for a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by virilep, Oct 19, 2006.

1. virilep macrumors member

Hi all, I've been in the market for a laptop for a while and I'm still waiting for a Merom MB. but I found this on google's deal search called www.froogle.com. anyhow, you can get a black macbook for 753.59 through this company called www.mercadomall.com anyhow... i know it seems a little shady... but i don't know what to think?!

2. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

If it seems too good to be true, most likely it is. Theres no way they are selling it that cheap. Also i just looked on their site and it says the 17" MBP is only $1779 which is like $1000 dollars off the normal price. I say scam but hey, its your money.;)

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

With any post that asks, "Is this price too good for item X?" I know the answer is always going to be "Yes!" even before opening the thread.

4. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

I agree with panda. But somehow people still believe they found the "deal of the century" and still order stuff from scammers.

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

They've been in existence for two weeks, are based in Spain (so they say), basically only accept wire transfers, send e-mails from a Gmail account, and have ridiculous prices. Is there a question here?

At least they require a $650 minimum order...they don't want to have to worry about stealing small amounts of money.

6. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

Good job Cowboy! High price thiefs!

7. jTreu macrumors 6502

id stay far away, youll probably end up being scammed so its not worth trying to save the money.