Is this RAM ok for my Black Macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by c1gar, Jun 30, 2006.

1. c1gar macrumors newbie

May 30, 2006
  2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

Oct 11, 2005
    Yes, that's the right kind. I'd be wary of buying computer parts from Hong Kong :eek:
  3. wako macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    A Data is a Taiwanese company. I personally would buy it over any Chinese company because usually Taiwan has much better quality control. The person has great feedback as well so I dont find it very risky.

I am a bit worried on compatibility. Technically it should work because the macs are on the x86 architecture now with the Intel chips. However I would rather be on the safe side because it is still a mac. Which is why I still went ahead and bought it from DataMem because they insured compatibility.
  4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

Oct 11, 2004
    On the Left Coast - Victoria BC Canada
    You understand, though, that you are buying from flashman852 in Hong Kong, not A-Data?

And although there is no HK GST or tax, your country may impose taxes and/or duties on import?

And that you are responsible for all freight and insurance for any warranty returns?

There is another thread here about this RAM -- IIRC two people have reported problems with the RAM, but there aren't enough responses to show a definite trend.
  5. lundister macrumors newbie

May 25, 2006
    well, i ordered from flashman852... the ram never arrived... i am still trying to get my money back...

in the meantime, here in germany there is a company called MDT that manufactures in-land, and more important sells for quite the same money!

i have 2x 1GB in my mackbook right now. no problems whatsoever...
  6. true777 macrumors 6502a

Dec 30, 2000
    California, Austria, Arkansas
    I have ordered from flashman853 and everything was great.
    Shipping was fast and memory worked great, no problems whatsoever.
    This was a memory card for a digital camera, though.
  7. c1gar thread starter macrumors newbie

May 30, 2006
    ordered RAM

ive taken the risk and ordered the RAM, will post in Forums what ever happens
  8. c1gar thread starter macrumors newbie

May 30, 2006
    seems ok

got ram, no import duty/tax, macbook picks it up :), says its running at 667, and is ok

goner order 2nd 1gb soon

good times
  9. dextertangocci macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    No RAM can be cheaper than the RAM Apple puts into the MB:rolleyes: Some weird brand I've never heard of before. Hynix or something like that. What happened to the days when Apple used Samsung RAM in the PB's etc?:rolleyes:
  10. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    Buzzzz! Wrong.

Or did you mean the RAM that automatically follows when buying?
  11. michaeldmartin macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2006
    Testicles. That is all.
    See, this is why pc users laugh at mac users. They say things like, "It doesn't have a made for mac sticker; so it won't work!" Ram is ram. Like a usb HD, if you get the right ram; it will work. I wouldn't get it from ebay becasue it's not insured; though. If you get a Gig stick from newegg, it's insured for life usually, so it DOES have guranteed compatability (or your money back); PLUS, it's half the price.

Also, that's two seperate 512 sticks, and i think it comes with one, so one wouldn't go to use, leaving u with 1 gig instead of 1.5.
  12. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon

Hynix: Originally part of Hyundai.
  13. c1gar thread starter macrumors newbie

May 30, 2006
    its one stick

its one stick of ram :)

atm macbook has 1.250gb