Is this really a Find iPhone feature in iOS 7?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by cwosigns, Aug 23, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

I was reading an article in USA Today about smartphone tips, and ran across this saying that Find My iPhone, in iOS 7, will allow you to take a picture of the thief. I hadn't heard that before. Can anyone corroborate this?[​IMG]

2. macrumors 68030

Nope not in the current build.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sirious

Right now, in the betas, you can't do that at all.

Not sure if thats a leaked feature of the upcoming revamped "Find my iPhone" app, but as far as I know - it's not true.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

cwosigns

Wow...a media outlet got something wrong. Go figure. :)

5. macrumors P6

I think there is a jailbreak tweak/app that will do that, but not Find My Phone (at least not so far).

6. macrumors newbie

Really best to stay away from USA today and time mag. Unless you want to be misinformed, but that's a different story.

7. macrumors member

This feature isn't available with Find My iPhone, but I think some third party apps (such as Prey) or Jailbreak apps offer this.

8. macrumors 68030

Mlrollin91

OneSafe offers it for password protection. If you enter the wrong pin or code to enter into the app it takes a picture and saves it within the app for the next time you open the app with the correct pin.

9. macrumors 6502

It would be pretty cool if you could take a picture with either camera. Not so much to catch a theif, but to get an idea of where your phone may be in a building etc