Is this supposed to happen without being networked?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ilene, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Ilene macrumors newbie

On my Mac upstairs I have a play list of songs that are only on that computer. My house is NOT networked at this time. I have a wireless router. However, the strangest thing happened. I was on my iTunes on the PC downstairs and noticed my play list from the Mac computer was also on the pc...I never imported any songs onto the pc. I cant even use those songs on my Ipod cause it doesnt drag but I can listen to them on the PC and the Mac...anyone have an explanation? And perhaps how can i get the music from the pc on my ipod..(ipod is pc formated)....Thanks for everyone's help.

2. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

Eh? You say that you're not networked, yet you have a wireless router? How is the router connected to your Mac and/or PC? There's obviously some networking going on, or else the PC would not be able to see the Mac's shared iTunes songs.

3. Ilene thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using a router however, I am not networked where I can go into the mac from the pc or the pc to the mac to get files. It only occurs with this itunes play list. I did realize that I can not see the play lists that are on pc on my mac. Just the mac list on the pc is showing up. I'm just trying to figure this whole thing out...just bare with me... Thanks again

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Well, it sounds as if the only reason you can't share files between the two machines is because you haven't got file sharing turned on. Also, you probably have iTunes music sharing turned on on the Mac and turned off on the PC, explaining why you can see the Mac's music on the PC, but not vice-versa. File sharing doesn't have to be turned on for iTunes music sharing.